Destin is best known for the beautiful beaches, blue water, and amazing views. However, what you may not know is that Destin has much more to offer than just pristine beaches.
If you are thinking about moving to the Destin area, but need a bit of a nudge, check out some of the other amazing things that Destin offers. Chances are, once you finish the list here, you won’t be able to pack your bags fast enough.
1. Golf, Golf, and More GolfCurrently, there are eight golf courses in Destin to choose from (and this number is continuing to grow). It doesn’t matter if you are in the mood to visit a club, such as Kelly Plantation, or just have a fun (and affordable) round of golf with friends at Emerald Bay, Destin has you covered.
2. Fantastic FishingDestin is well-known as being “the world’s luckiest fishing village.” Why? Because hungry fish can be found off every inch of shoreline. Destin also has one of the largest fishing fleets in the U.S. and any day of the week you can hop on a party boat at Destin Harbor or rent a private charter.
If you are planning to go fishing during snapper season, make sure to book your trip well in advance, or have your own boat ready to go (which is a great investment if you are planning to move to this piece of paradise).
Even if you don’t seem to have luck on the water, you’ll find a fresh catch is available at the array of fresh Gulf seafood restaurants in Destin.
3. An Amazing Arts and Culture SceneWhile the beach is one of the features that beckons to many who move to Destin, there’s also an amazing culture and art scene right in your backyard. One example is the Mattie Kelly Find and Performing Arts Center. This is found at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville (which is just a 10-minute drive away) where you can view plays, concerts, and performances all year long.
4. Harbor Walk VillageActivities for you and your kids, countless water sports, shopping, dining, and more all are ready and waiting at Harbor Walk Village. You’ll also find this is the perfect place for all sorts of special events, concerts, and even a trip out to sea on a “real” pirate ship.
5. Henderson Beach State ParkWhile this list is highlighting all the places in Destin beyond the beach, when you’re taking about Destin, at least beach has to be mentioned. At Henderson Beach State Park, you’ll find over a mile of shoreline where you can see sea turtles, dolphins, birds, and fish.
Destin: Is it Calling Your Name?If you have been toying with the idea of moving to Destin, you’ll see from the list here that there are more than a few reasons that Destin would make a great hometown. Still not convinced? Why not plan a visit and see for yourself what this community has to offer.